What is the Ten Thousand Islands Boat Cruise?
You may have seen us mention the Ten Thousand Islands Cruise multiple times and how we want you to come out and experience it!
But you may be thinking, how can we see Ten Thousand Islands in a 90-minute boat tour?
Or should I get up early to see the animals eat before I even had breakfast?
We get it! That’s why we are answering some of your most frequently asked questions about the Ten Thousand Islands Boat Cruise.
- What is the Ten Thousand Islands Boat Cruise, and where does it go? Our 10,000 Islands tour departs daily from the Gulf Coast Visitor Center in beautiful Everglades City, FL. This excursion ventures across Chokoloskee Bay, into Indian Key Pass, and through the mangrove islands of Everglades National Park. Upon arrival to the Gulf of Mexico, guests may enjoy views of Indian Key, the Stop Keys, Picnic Key, and Marco Island.
- What should I expect to see on the cruise – animals, sights, history, etc.? Every trip is unique. While wildlife varies day-to-day, we are always on the lookout for manatees, osprey, sea turtles, shorebirds, and playful dolphins. In the morning, you will most likely see an abundance of animals getting their breakfast in the shallow waters. A naturalist on-board will highlight the rich history and unique wildlife of the area as you go on your adventure.
- How long does the Ten Thousand Island Boat Cruise last? The cruise lasts around 90 minutes on a 45-foot passenger catamaran with partial shade and benches.
- Will my young children enjoy this cruise? It is perfect for all ages! Children enjoy seeing the variety of animals throughout the trip and being out in nature, as well.
- What should I bring if I go on the Ten Thousand Island Cruise? We recommend guests to consider bringing sunglasses, a hat, sunscreen, and water.
- How much does the cruise cost? How far in advance do I need to reserve my spots? During our peak seasons, we highly suggest reserving as soon as you know your dates. Boats do tend to fill fast. Prices – Adults (Ages 13-61): $40 | Seniors (62+): $36 | Military (Active & Retired): $36 | Children (5-12): $20 | Young Children (Ages 4 & Under): Free
- How do I reserve my spot on the Ten Thousand Island Cruise at Everglades Florida Adventures? Go to Everglades Florida Adventures site and click “Book Now”!
Make sure to reserve your spots now and get ready for your adventure 😊